To provide any information to anybody lawfully entitled to receive such information. Keep appropriate records as required by any applicable regulation, client or industry body. Inform contractors and consultants of environmental policy and encourage them to operate to similar standards. Prevent pollution and to minimise the impacts of our activities on the environment.
In 2015 we are committed to:
- Engaging with our preferred contractors to ensure that environmental and sustainable issues re considered in contractual terms.
- Develop and deliver a programme of mandatory sustainable property management training sessions for surveyors and site managers and support materials which will assist them in reducing impacts on the environment - energy, water, waste disposal and transportation.
- Developing site specific Sustainability Targets and Environmental Performance plans to deliver improved environmental performance at manage assets.
- Develop further guidance to assist Property Managers in developing Occupiers Handbooks and Newsletters.
- The Gracechurch Centre will review performance against environmental management standards throughout the year. We will benchmark our environmental performance, internally and against external industry benchmarks.
- The Gracechurch Centre maintains a clear obligation to consider and protect the environment as an integral part of its sustainability practice.
- The centre’s team is aware and will use its best endeavours to comply with all legislation that will impact upon the environmental position of the centre, its activities and operations.
- We commit to working with our clients and suppliers throughout to promote a sense of responsibility for the environment. Managers on site will be encouraged to set relevant environmental targets to improve environmental performance.
Our policy includes the following practices:
- It is our policy to raise environmental awareness to our staff and customers.
- We comply with applicable environment regulations, licences and permit conditions.
- We endeavour to make a timely response to a known or potential environmental or health hazard.
- We comply with legal and other relevant requirements relating to our environmental aspects.
- To properly manage or dispose of controlled, hazardous (including toxic) or special wastes for which is company is responsible.
- Obtain the necessary environmental permits, licences or proper authority in the execution of any instructions.
- To provide any information to anybody lawfully entitled to receive such information.
- Keep appropriate records as required by any applicable regulation, client or industry body.
- Inform contractors and consultants of environmental policy and encourage them to operate to similar standards.
- Prevent pollution and to minimise the impacts of our activities on the environment.